Gooey bananas covered in a fluffy batter and served with a blob of ice cream and oozing golden syrup. Yum! We often ate this at the end of ‘staff dinner’ as the head chef had a sweet tooth, and while he was cooking the bananas he’d leave the tin of golden syrup in a bowl of warm water to make it extra runny for drizzling over the top.
- Preparation times: 10 minutes
- Cooking times: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- groundnut oil for deep-frying
- 260 g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 360 ml (1½ cups) water
- 4 bananas, peeled and halved
- 130 g (1 cup) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 6 tbsp golden syrup
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!