Welcome to our comprehensive guide on achieving the Caretaker God Roll in Destiny 2. The Caretaker is an Adaptive Frame Sword that can be acquired through the Defiant Battlegrounds Seasonal Activity. In this guide, we will delve into why the Caretaker Sword is worth obtaining, how to obtain it, and its recommended PvE and PvP God Rolls. Let’s dive in!
Why You Should Get the Caretaker Sword
The Caretaker Sword is a solar Adaptive weapon that provides unique perks, making it a valuable addition to your arsenal. It can easily be acquired and stands out due to its ability to roll with the Incandescent perk. Solar weapons complement solar subclass builds exceptionally well, and the Caretaker Sword is no exception. Here are a few reasons why you should consider getting the Caretaker Sword:
- Easily focused and crafted
- Rolls with Incandescent for added synergy
How to Obtain the Caretaker in Destiny 2
To obtain the Caretaker Sword, players need to own Season of Defiance and complete the “Awaken, Queensguard” mission. This will unlock the Seasonal Playlist, Defiant Battlegrounds, where the Caretaker Sword and other Season of Defiance weapons drop. The Defiant Battlegrounds playlist can be accessed through the HELM.
Additionally, you can focus your Defiant Engrams at the War Table found in the HELM. With the Defiant Weapon Focusing War Table Upgrade, you can spend 4 Defiant Engrams and 3000 Glimmer to focus your engrams and increase your chances of obtaining the Caretaker Sword. The War Table upgrades to prioritize include Defiant Weapon Focusing, Deepsight Decoding, and Queensguard’s Arsenal.
Image source: Season of Defiant War Table
PvE – Caretaker God Roll
For PvE content, the Caretaker Sword can excel with the following God Roll perks:
- Blade: Choose Jagged Edge or Honed Edge for increased damage.
- Guard: Swordmaster’s Guard is the recommended choice, as it enhances charge rate for effective blocking in short bursts.
- Column 3 Perk: Relentless Strikes provides the valuable ability to regain ammo, ensuring sustained combat effectiveness.
- Column 4 Perk: The unique perk of the Caretaker Sword is its ability to apply scorch to combatants, particularly potent when combined with a Solar subclass. This creates a thrilling and explosive experience when engaging enemies.
- Origin: There is no choice here, as there is only one passive benefit inherent to the Caretaker Sword.
- Masterwork: Increasing Impact with the Masterwork enhances the sword’s overall damage output.
- Mod: Consider using the Backup Mag mod to increase ammo capacity, or opt for a Boss Spec Mod for burst damage against bosses.
Image via D2Foundry.gg
In summary, while Adaptive Frame Swords are generally overshadowed, the Caretaker’s unique synergy with Solar 3.0 makes it an interesting choice for PvE encounters.
PvP – Caretaker God Roll
For PvP engagements, the following God Roll perks are recommended for the Caretaker Sword:
- Blade: Jagged Edge or Honed Edge are still viable choices for increased damage, although they are not as crucial in PvP where one-hit kills are common.
- Guard: Heavy Guard is the preferred option for maximizing damage resistance during blocking. However, it’s important to time blocking appropriately instead of relying solely on defensive tactics.
- Column 3 Perk: Energy Transfer is a suitable choice, as it grants additional class ability energy when blocking. This perk can provide tactical advantages in PvP encounters.
- Column 4 Perk: Valiant Charge allows for increased lunge range after blocking, potentially turning the tide in a duel against opponents. Blocking strategically and then attacking at the right moment will catch enemies off guard.
- Origin: The Caretaker Sword has only one passive benefit, offering a unique and enjoyable gameplay experience.
- Masterwork: Similar to the PvE God Roll, the Masterwork should focus on increasing Impact for enhanced damage output.
- Mod: The Quick Access Sling mod is recommended for reducing draw time on the base version of the weapon.
Image via D2Foundry.gg
It’s worth noting that swords are less commonly used in PvP since the removal of 3rd person peeking. However, personal preference and surprise tactics can still make swords an effective choice in certain situations.
More Destiny 2 Lightfall Guides and Builds
We hope you found our Destiny 2 Caretaker God Roll guide informative and helpful. The Caretaker Sword works well with any class, subclass, and can be used in various PvE and PvP activities throughout Destiny 2.
If you’re interested in more Destiny 2 or ESO content, consider following us on Twitch and YouTube, where we offer live gameplay, news, builds, and Seasonal and Weapon God Roll guides for Destiny 2.
Remember, when seeking the ideal God Roll for your weapons, always prioritize the principles of E-E-A-T: Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. Happy hunting, Guardians!