This is the lightest, fluffiest cake you’ll ever make or eat and it’s hard not to sit and consume the whole thing in one go! Whenever Mum and Dad head to the Chinese supermarket, they’ll always buy one. Pandan extract or juice is widely available in many Chinese supermarkets but you can make your own very easily.
- Preparation times: 20 minutes
- Cooking times: 40 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 5 eggs
- 7½ tbsp caster (superfine) sugar
- 100 ml (scant ½ cup) coconut milk
- 2½ tbsp ready-made pandan juice (or make your own)
- 110 g (generous ¾ cup) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 heaped tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder (baking soda)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
To make your own pandan juice:
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!