The subtle taste of aromatic garlic against the sweet pineapple creates a taste explosion, and combined with a twang from the tomato ketchup, this dish will have you drooling for more.
- Preparation times: 5 minutes
- Cooking times: 7 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly cut into thumb-sized slices (cut the carrot diagonally)
- 1 green (bell) pepper, DE-seeded and cut into 3 cm (1¼in) cubes
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 125 g (1 cup) drained tinned pineapple chunks
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 120 ml (½ cup) chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch) mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Place a wok over a medium–high heat, add the groundnut oil and garlic and fry for about 15 seconds, until fragrant. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the onion, carrot and pepper and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
Add the vinegar, pineapple, salt, sugar, tomato ketchup and purée and stock, bring to the boil and then turn down the heat to simmer for 2 minutes.
Pour in the cornflour mixture to thicken the sauce, stirring as you go, then remove from the heat, stir in the sesame oil and mix well. Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!