A mixture of char siu pork, chicken, beef and seafood served with mixed vegetables in a rich, aromatic gravy, this is an American-Chinese recipe founded in Chinatown, San Francisco, by Chinese immigrants who had moved to the USA to work in the mines and on the railways.
- Preparation times: 5 minutes
- Cooking times: 7 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 40 g (1½oz) chicken breast fillet, sliced
- 1 red (bell) pepper, DE-seeded and diced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 40 g (½ cup) small broccoli florets
- 40 g (½ cup) sugar snap peas, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 30 g (¼ cup) tinned bamboo shoots
- 3 baby corn cobs, halved length-ways
- 40 g (¼ cup) tinned water chestnuts, cut into bite-sized slices
- 8 king prawns (tiger shrimp), shelled and DE-veined
- 40 g (1½oz) Chinese Roast BBQ Pork, cut into bite-sized slices
- 40 g (1½oz) fillet steak, sliced
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 120 ml (½ cup) chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch) mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!