Most Chinese supermarkets stock a vegetarian oyster sauce which is made from soya beans, yeast extract and wheat flour, if you want to make this dish completely vegetarian. It definitely replicates the rich depth of flavor real oyster sauce brings to the dish.
- Preparation times: 5 minutes
- Cooking times: 7 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 340 g (12 oz) shiitake or portobello mushrooms
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- ½ tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce (or vegetarian oyster sauce)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch) mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!