Chinese people don’t usually eat with knives and forks – traditionally this was seen as barbaric and uncivilized – so all Chinese dishes are served already chopped into bite-sized pieces.
- Preparation times: 5 minutes
- Cooking times: 4 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) bok choy
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce (or vegetarian oyster sauce)
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornflour (cornstarch) mixed with 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!