Who knew tofu could taste this good? Here you have delicious crispy nuggets coated with the taste of the Sichuan Province, China.
- Preparation times: 10 minutes
- Cooking times: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp Szechuan peppercorns, ground
- ½ tbsp freshly ground black pepper groundnut oil for deep-frying, plus 1 tbsp
- 100 g (1 cup) cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 egg
- 225 g (8 oz) firm tofu, cut into 2 cm (¾in) cubes
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- ½ green (bell) pepper, DE-seeded and finely diced
- ½ tbsp dried chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!