Welcome to our comprehensive guide on the Briar’s Contempt Linear Fusion Rifle in Destiny 2. In this guide, we will cover everything you need to know about obtaining this powerful weapon, its unique perks, and the best rolls for both PvE and PvP activities. Whether you’re a seasoned Guardian or a new player, this guide will help you optimize your loadout and dominate in any game mode.
Why You Should Get Briar’s Contempt Linear Fusion Rifle?
Briar’s Contempt is a Solar-based Aggressive Frame Linear Fusion Rifle that offers exceptional damage output and an impressive perk pool. Its synergy with solar subclass builds makes it an excellent choice for those looking to maximize their Solar abilities. With the right combination of perks and mods, this weapon can hold up to 14 rounds in its magazine, unleashing a devastating barrage of 42 bolts. Here are a few reasons why you should consider adding Briar’s Contempt to your arsenal:
- Powerful and unique perk combinations
- Unmatched magazine capacity for a Linear Fusion Rifle
- Synergizes well with solar builds
- Craftable for personalized customization
How to Obtain Briar’s Contempt?
Image via D2Foundry.gg
Briar’s Contempt can be obtained from the Root of Nightmares raid, which is part of the Lightfall Expansion. It has a chance to drop from the 1st Encounter and the Final Encounter of the raid. Additionally, it can also be obtained from the two hidden chests. Every drop has a chance to come with Deepsight Resonance, which can be extracted to unlock the pattern for crafting the weapon. After completing the final encounter, interacting with Nezerac’s Scythe allows you to focus the weapon with Spoils of Conquest, provided you have already obtained and unlocked it in your collections. The first weapon focused this way each week guarantees Deepsight Resonance.
PvE Briar’s Contempt God Roll
Image via D2Foundry.gg
- Barrel: Aggressive Frame Linear Fusion Rifles tend to have significant recoil. Arrowhead Brake provides easier recoil control.
- Magazine: Enhanced Battery is a top choice for most Linear Fusion Rifles. When combined with Reconstruction and a Backup Mag mod, it transforms Briar’s Contempt into a beast with a total magazine size of 14 rounds.
- Column 3 Perk: Reconstruction is an outstanding perk for magazine size and auto-loading capabilities, making it a fantastic choice for this weapon.
- Column 4 Perk: While Frenzy is the overall best choice for column 4, Focused Fury and Paracausal Affinity are also solid options. High-Impact Reserves should be avoided as it doesn’t synergize well with Reconstruction.
- Origin Trait: No choice here, but using more raid weapons will enhance this weapon’s performance.
- Masterwork: In the case of Linear Fusion Rifles, firing more bolts is key to maximizing damage output. The slight loss in damage is outweighed by the increase in shots fired.
- Mod: Backup Mag provides an extra burst in the magazine during a normal reload and two more rounds during a Reconstruction reload. This combination is incredibly potent. Consider using Boss Spec for shorter boss damage phases.
PvP Briar’s Contempt God Roll
Image via D2Foundry.gg
- Barrel: In PvP, Range is crucial for Linear Fusion Rifles to optimize the Accuracy Cone at longer distances. Full Bore provides the most significant boost, but Hammer-Forged Rifling and Extended Barrel are also viable options.
- Magazine: Projection Fuse is the ideal choice for increasing Range, which is essential for PvP engagements.
- Column 3 Perk: While Column 3 doesn’t offer many PvP-focused perks, Keep Away is the best choice for Linear Fusion Rifles due to their intended range.
- Column 4 Perk: In PvP, heavy ammo pickups only partially fill your magazine, making High-Impact Reserves an excellent choice, as it becomes active almost immediately.
- Origin Trait: No choice here, but using more raid weapons will increase this weapon’s effectiveness.
- Masterwork/Frame: Range is the optimal choice for the Masterwork/Frame, as it directly improves the weapon’s target acquisition.
- Mod: Targeting Adjuster is a reliable choice for PvP, while Icarus Grip can be beneficial for aerial playstyles.
Briar’s Contempt is a devastating weapon that can rain down a barrage of bolts on your enemies. Its exceptional performance shines during long boss damage phases, making it a must-have for PvE activities. In PvP, its burst-fire nature sets it apart from other Linear Fusion Rifles, providing a unique playstyle. While it may not be the most popular choice in short boss phases, it’s still a formidable weapon that deserves a place in your arsenal.
More Destiny 2 Lightfall Guides and Builds
Thank you for reading our comprehensive guide on Briar’s Contempt in Destiny 2. This versatile weapon is compatible with any class (Hunter, Titan, Warlock), any subclass (Solar, Void, Stasis, Arc, Strand), and excels in all PvE and PvP game modes. For more Destiny 2 and ESO content, consider following me live on Twitch or YouTube. We regularly post news, builds, and guides for Destiny 2’s seasonal content and weapon god rolls.