Destiny 2 offers players a wide array of weapons, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. In this guide, we’ll delve into the Path of Least Resistance and discuss the god rolls that make it a formidable choice for both PvE and PvP activities. Whether you’re looking to dominate in endgame PvE content or secure victories in the Crucible, we’ve got you covered. So strap in, Guardian, and let’s explore the power of this versatile weapon.
The Path of Least Resistance PvE God Roll
Image via D2Gunsmith
When it comes to high-end PvE encounters, the Path of Least Resistance with the right god roll is an absolute beast. This weapon shines particularly bright in activities like solo Spire of the Watcher, where running double special weapons is favored due to increased heavy ammo spawns. This god roll essentially turns the Path of Least Resistance into a primary weapon that utilizes green ammo.
The recommended roll consists of the following perks:
- Fluted Barrel: While stability and handling are already excellent, the extra stability and handling from Fluted Barrel can give you an edge in challenging encounters.
- Enhanced Battery: This perk synergizes well with the third and fourth column perks, providing you with more ammunition options. Feel free to customize this perk according to your playstyle.
- Subsistence: Subsistence replenishes bullets from reserves for every kill, making it perfect for an Add-clear weapon. With over 100 rounds and Enhanced Battery, you’ll rarely find yourself needing to reload.
- Focused Fury: Focused Fury grants a 20% damage buff for 11 seconds when you hit 50% of your magazine as precision hits. With Subsistence ensuring a fuller magazine, you’ll have great uptime on this damage buff.
With its excellent damage potential and impressive ammo economy, this PvE god roll is a must-have for any Guardian on the hunt for incredible endgame performance. Don’t forget to equip ammo finder mods to maximize your efficiency with this weapon.
The Path of Least Resistance PvP God Roll
Image via D2Gunsmith
While the Path of Least Resistance might not be the first choice for PvP activities, it can still hold its own when utilized correctly. For those daring enough to wield it in the Crucible, we’ve crafted a god roll that maximizes its potential in competitive matches.
The recommended perks for PvP are as follows:
- Smallbore: In PvP, range becomes a crucial factor, so optimizing for it is essential. Smallbore provides improved range, enhancing your engagement potential against opponents.
- Projection Fuse: Similar to Smallbore, Projection Fuse helps extend the weapon’s effective range, compensating for the lack of Subsistence and the need for extra shots.
- Dynamic Sway Reduction: While not ideal, Dynamic Sway Reduction is the best option in the third column for PvP engagements. Other perks lack usefulness in this setting.
- Gutshot Straight: While it’s more beneficial to aim for precision hits, Gutshot Straight offers some forgiveness in landing body shots, which can save you in intense situations.
Keep in mind that the Path of Least Resistance may not be the optimal choice for PvP encounters. However, if you’re willing to experiment and push its limits, this god roll provides the best chances of success.
How to Obtain the Path of Least Resistance
Image via Bungie
Obtaining the Path of Least Resistance with a desirable roll is surprisingly straightforward. This weapon is craftable, and you can focus it at the Exo Frame in the H.E.L.M. until Lightfall. By upgrading to the Focusing Deepsight Exo Frame, the first weapon you focus each week will guarantee a Deepsight weapon. Starting from scratch, it will take around five weeks at most to acquire the Path of Least Resistance with the desired roll.
However, if you’re eager to get your hands on this exceptional weapon sooner, there are alternative methods. Engaging in activities like Heist Battlegrounds and regularly focusing the weapon can significantly shorten the acquisition time. So, dive into the action, open Seraph Chests, collect Umbral Energy, and repeat the process. Soon enough, you’ll be swimming in red-borders, ready to unleash the power of the Path of Least Resistance.
Remember, Guardian, this weapon shines in endgame PvE activities, but its usefulness in PvP is questionable. Choose your battles wisely and make the most of its incredible potential in the right scenarios.
Now go forth, brandish the Path of Least Resistance, and carve your destiny in the stars!
Note: The Path of Least Resistance is a trademark weapon in Destiny 2. All images used in this article are for representational purposes and are credited to their respective sources.