Are you ready to delve into the exciting world of Dark and Darker? In this action-packed game, rogues reign supreme as skilled thieves, assassins, and infiltrators. Their success hinges on their cunning, agility, and stealth. As a rogue, you’ll become an expert at avoiding detection, picking locks, disarming traps, and gathering valuable information. Whether you prefer dealing lethal damage from a distance or using sneak attacks up close, the rogue class has you covered. Additionally, your sleight of hand will make you a valuable asset for acquiring rare items and treasures.
Mastering Rogue Skills
To become a formidable rogue, you must harness your skills effectively. You have the ability to equip a total of 2 skills. Let’s explore some of the most powerful skills at your disposal:
Step on a caltrop, and your enemies will face the wrath of 10 physical damage along with a significant reduction in their movement speed for 2 seconds. This skill can be used 6 times but cannot be replenished immediately. Cooldown: 24 seconds.
When you activate this skill, you become invisible for a whole minute, giving you the freedom to change your equipment without being detected. However, take caution as any action, such as moving, attacking, or using another skill, will reveal your presence. Cooldown: 45 seconds.
Unleash a devastating attack that causes the target to bleed for 20 physical damage over 5 seconds. Beware, though, as the buff is consumed upon hitting an object or target. Cooldown: 18 seconds.
A smoke grenade is your go-to tool for creating a smoke screen, which lasts for 30 seconds and covers a 7.5m area. Any hostile target entering the smoke screen will experience a 20% reduction in movement speed. Cooldown: 24 seconds.
With this skill, your next successful attack deals an additional 50% weapon damage to the target. Moreover, if the hit is successful, the target’s defense is reduced by 50% for 5 seconds. Cooldown: 24 seconds.
Silently assert your intentions by issuing a warning to your enemies. Cooldown: 60 seconds.
When you find yourself in a tight spot, tumble in the opposite direction you’re facing to gain some breathing room.
The Art of Perks
To truly excel as a rogue, you must carefully select and equip perks. As you level up, you gain the ability to equip an additional perk every 5 levels. Currently capped at Level 15, you can equip a total of 4 perks. Check out some of the best rogue perks below:
The element of surprise is yours to command. The first attack within 3 seconds after being released from stealth deals an additional 50% weapon damage.
Strike fear into your enemies by increasing your physical damage bonus by 30% when attacking from behind.
Master the art of silent movement by significantly reducing the volume of your footstep sound while crouch walking. Additionally, your movement speed is increased by 5%.
Unleash the true potential of your dagger attacks by increasing your physical damage bonus by 10% when using a dagger.
Become a master of concealment as items worn in utility slots do not visibly appear on your waist.
Unlock doors and chests without the need for a lockpick. Your expertise in picking locks knows no bounds.
Add a touch of mischief to your rogue repertoire by stealing items from your enemies in dungeons.
Each successful attack applies a deadly poison that deals 4 magic damage over 4 seconds. The poison can stack up to 5 times simultaneously.
In the shadows, you can move 10 steps while crouching or walking slowly. The perfect skill for those tense moments when you need to remain hidden.
Become a master trap disabler by highlighting nearby traps, enabling you to navigate hazardous terrain with ease.
Surprise your foes with your acrobatic prowess. Perform a second jump while in mid-air.
Bring a smile to your party’s faces as you lighten the mood, granting all party members a +2 all attributes buff.
Enjoy a 15% increase in movement speed for 3 seconds after emerging from hiding.
Target your enemy’s weak spots by attacking through armor gaps, ignoring 15% of their physical damage reduction.
Pros and Cons of the Rogue Class
As with any class, rogues have their own strengths and weaknesses. Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect:
Weapon of Choice: Daggers
- The fastest class, excelling in interaction speed, attack speed, and base movement speed.
- Unlock unlimited lockpicking abilities through the Lockpick Expert perk.
- Proficient in detecting and disabling traps.
- Prolonged invisibility skill duration allows for avoiding encounters or setting up ambushes.
- Capable of dealing significant poison damage.
- Limited range when using daggers. The Rapier offers the longest reach but sacrifices damage compared to other dagger variants.
- Fragile health, requiring tactful decision-making skills.
- Limited ranged attack options.
Tips for Aspiring Rogues
To help you thrive in the world of Dark and Darker, here are some valuable tips:
- Prioritize carrying bandages instead of potions during raids. Potions have a reduced effect on rogues due to their abysmal Buff Duration stat.
- Utilize your invisibility skill to surprise enemy players or de-aggro monsters.
- Don’t underestimate the power of throwing knives. They can deal significant damage and apply debuff skills and poison.
- Engaging in large group fights head-on is not advisable due to your lower durability. Instead, focus on ambushing low-health or supportive enemies to swiftly turn the tide of battle in your favor.
- When hiding in the dark, ensure you unequip potions from your quick-slots as they glow and may give away your position. Similarly, using buffs on your weapons will make them glow and be visible to enemies.
- To confuse and surprise enemies, use Hide while jumping in the air while crouching or walking slowly.
- Remember, you cannot use Hide while holding a light source.
Now that you’re equipped with the knowledge of a seasoned rogue, it’s time to embark on your thrilling adventures in Dark and Darker. Harness your skills, choose your perks wisely, and let your rogue mastery shine. Good luck, and may the shadows always be your ally!