Solar 3.0 has just arrived in Destiny 2, bringing with it numerous changes to spice up the Solar subclasses. One of the most significant additions in this update is the Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Fragments, which provide various buffs and effects.
In the Destiny 2 Season of the Haunted update, there are a total of 14 Solar 3.0 Fragments. While Bungie’s official changelog redacted four of them for unknown reasons, we still have some information about what these Fragments entail.
Let’s delve into all the Solar 3.0 Fragments and their respective effects.
All Solar 3.0 Fragments in Destiny 2
- Ember of Singeing: Your class ability recharges faster when you scorch targets.
- Ember of Benevolence: Applying restoration, cure, or radiant to allies grants increased grenade, melee, and class ability regeneration for a short duration. -10 Discipline.
- Ember of Beams: Your Solar Super projectiles have stronger target acquisition. +10 Intellect.
- Ember of Empyrean: Solar weapon or ability final blows extend the duration of restoration and radiant effects applied to you. -10 Resilience.
- Ember of Combustion: Final blows with your Solar Super cause targets to ignite. +10 Strength.
- Ember of Torches: Powered melee attacks against combatants make you and nearby allies radiant.
- Ember of Char: Your Solar ignitions spread scorch to affected targets. +10 Discipline.
- Ember of Tempering: Solar weapon final blows grant you and your allies increased recovery for a short duration. Stacks 3 times. While Ember of Tempering is active, your weapons have increased airborne effectiveness. -10 Recovery.
- Ember of Blistering: Defeating targets with Solar ignitions grant grenade energy.
- Ember of Solace: Radiant and restoration effects applied to you have increased duration.
- Ember of Eruption: Your Solar ignitions have increased area of effect. +10 Strength.
- Ember of Ashes: You apply more scorch stacks to targets.
- Ember of Wonder: Rapidly defeating multiple targets with Solar ignitions generates an Orb of Power. +10 Resilience.
- Ember of Searing: Defeating scorched targets grants melee energy. +10 Recovery.
How to Unlock All Solar 3.0 Fragments in Destiny 2
Out of the fourteen Solar Fragments, ten are readily available for each class to use.
To unlock Solar 3.0 Fragments in Destiny 2, follow these steps:
- Head to The Tower.
- Locate Ikora Rey on the right side of The Tower as soon as you arrive.
- Speak to Ikora and click on the orange rectangle in her menu that appears after doing so.
- Ikora’s Solar 3.0 inventory will open, allowing you to explore all the new features and abilities on the Fragment tabs.
- Access the Fragments tab, where you can purchase any missing Fragments with Glimmer.
- The Ember of Eruption and the Ember of Searing can be bought from Ikora Rey at the Tower for 25,000 Glimmer each. It’s important to note that these two fragments must be purchased separately for each character if needed. Be prepared to spend a substantial amount of Glimmer.
- The Ember of Empyrean and the Ember of Char are currently unavailable in the game but will likely become accessible after defeating the season’s dungeon.
- After purchasing the necessary Fragments, exit and return to Ikora’s location.
- Interact with Ikora and choose the option to meditate.
Meditating will unlock all the Fragments you’ve purchased. Skipping meditation means you won’t have access to any of those Fragments just yet.
Two fragments can be purchased from Ikora Rey for 25,000 Glimmer each. These have to be bought again on other characters in the same account, if needed.
Also, check out these Destiny 2 articles:
Destiny 2 Duality Dungeon Guide & Walkthrough
Destiny 2 The Leviathan Returns Guide
Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Hunter Best Build
Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Warlock Best Build
Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Titan Best Build
How to Unlock All Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Fragments
Destiny 2 New Solar 3.0 Abilities
- Destiny 2 Hunter – Gunslinger Solar 3.0 Aspects
- Destiny 2 Titan – Sunbreaker Solar 3.0 Aspects
- Destiny 2 Warlock – Dawnblade Solar 3.0 Aspects
Destiny 2 Duality Dungeon: Release Date, Rewards, & More
Destiny 2 How to Get to Pleasure Gardens in Derelict Leviathan
How to Get the Season of the Haunted Seasonal Artifact in Destiny 2
Destiny 2 Season of the Haunted Exotics
Destiny 2 Season of the Haunted Brings Back The Leviathan
Destiny 2 Season of the Haunted Season Pass Contents
If you found this guide helpful, make sure to explore our other Destiny 2 articles:
- Destiny 2 A Spark of Hope Quest Guide – Get Exotic Weapons
- Destiny 2 How to Complete the Kill the Messenger Quest and Get the Dead Messenger
- Destiny 2 Vow of the Disciple Raid Symbols Guide
Watch this video by Profane Gaming to learn how to obtain the Solar Fragments and Grenades: