Bungie has recently unveiled the upcoming Destiny 2 Exotic Armor Changes for Season 22, making significant adjustments to some underutilized exotic armor pieces.
Triton Voice Hunter Arms Exotic Armor
In their most recent developer preview, Bungie showcased a range of changes to the sandbox, including nerfs, buffs, and complete overhauls of certain aspects of the game. These changes will have a significant impact on build crafting, especially due to the Destiny 2 Exotic Armor Changes in Season 22.
Exotic armor changes often shake up the metagame and cater to players at all levels. Some changes involve nerfing overpowered armor or specific builds, while others offer significant buffs to previously underwhelming exotics. These updates are sure to bring forth new builds and reduce the dominance of certain overpowered setups.
Hunter Exotic Armor Changes in Season 22
In Season 22, Destiny 2 will feature changes to Hunter Exotic Armor, including the Knucklehead Radar, Foetracer, Lucky Raspberry, and Renewal Grasps.
- Current: Provides radar while aiming. Enhances radar resolution while crouching.
- Update: Added the Foetracer Exotic helmet buff to existing perks. The Foetracer visually marks targets, deals more damage to low-health marked targets, and provides a small benefit to the airborne effectiveness stat of all weapons.
- Current: Visually marks targets. Deals extra damage to low-health marked targets. Provides a slight benefit to the airborne effectiveness stat of all weapons.
- Update: When you deal damage with one of your abilities, you gain a damage bonus with weapons that have damage types matching your subclass. Additionally, defeating an enemy you’ve damaged with one of your abilities will spawn a collectible object associated with your subclass, such as Ionic Traces or Firesprites.
- Current: Increases the chaining capabilities of Arc Bolt Grenade and has a chance to recharge it each time it deals damage. A full chain always recharges.
- Update: The Lucky Raspberry still expands the chaining capabilities of Arc Bolt Grenades, but now each time you damage an enemy with the lightning strikes from the jolted condition, or each time you pick up an ionic trace, you gain additional grenade energy. The grenades also gain an intrinsic anti-overload stun.
- Current: Your Duskfield grenades have a much larger effect radius. Allies inside the Duskfield take reduced damage, and targets inside the area deal reduced damage. Increases the base cooldown of the Duskfield Grenade from 62s to 152s.
- Update: The Exotic perk of Renewal Grasps remains the same; however, the increased base cooldown of the Duskfield grenade has been removed.
Titan Exotic Armor Changes in Season 22
In Season 22, Destiny 2 will introduce changes to Titan Exotic Armor, including Icefall Mantle, Doom Fang Pauldrons, Path of the Burning Steps, Hallowfire Heart, and ACD/0 Feedback Fence.
- Current: Replaces Barricade with Glacial Guard. Sets Class Ability Cooldown to Rally Barricade’s.
- Update: The base perk of Icefall Mantle will still function the same, but it now grants an escalating bonus to Stasis weapon damage when achieving rapid Stasis kills. Activating your class ability grants you the highest tier bonus immediately.
Doom Fang Pauldrons
- Current: Void melee kills grant Super energy. While Sentinel Shield is active, melee kills recharge Shield Throw, extending your Super on hits.
- Update: The base perk of Doom Fang Pauldrons will still function the same, but it now grants an escalating bonus to Void weapon damage when achieving rapid Void kills. Getting a Void melee kill immediately grants you the highest tier bonus.
Path of the Burning Steps
- Current: Solar final blows periodically grant an escalating bonus to weapon damage. You are more resistant to being slowed or frozen with Stasis, and breaking out of such effects causes a burst of Solar energy, resulting in no damage taken.
- Update: The base perk of Path of the Burning Steps will still function the same, but now getting a Solar Grenade kill grants the highest tier Solar weapon damage bonus.
- Current: Arc final blows grant an escalating damage bonus with Arc weapons. Gain an overshield when activating Fists of Havoc and obtain the highest tier damage bonus for Arc weapons when your Fist of Havoc Super ends.
- Update: The duration of the Arc weapon damage bonus at the end of your Fist of Havoc Super has been extended to 30 seconds (from 10 seconds).
ACD/0 Feedback Fence
- Current: Melee hits build energy. Being struck by a melee attack reduces incoming damage and unleashes the energy in a devastating explosion.
- Update: The old perk has been completely reworked. Now, melee hits grant an Armor Charge, reducing melee damage while the Armor Charge is active. Taking melee damage causes you to emit a burst of damaging Arc energy that jolts targets, consuming stacks of Armor Charge and dealing more damage based on the number of stacks consumed.
- Current: Improves the recharge rate of your Solar abilities. Greatly improves recharge rate while your Super is charged. Provides a small benefit to the airborne effectiveness stat of all weapons.
- Update: The base energy to Solar abilities has been removed, and it has been replaced with a perk that allows you to build more Sunspots. The perk that greatly increased ability regeneration rate when your Super is fully charged remains.
Warlock Exotic Armor Changes in Season 22
Destiny 2’s Season 22 will bring changes to Warlock Exotic Armor, including Winter’s Guile, Astrocyte Verse, Geomag Stabilizers, and Wings of Sacred Dawn.
- Current: Increases Blink distance and frequency. Quick weapon readiness after Blink, and radar remains active. Provides a moderate benefit to the airborne effectiveness stat of all weapons.
- Update: The base perks of Astrocyte Verse remain the same, with the addition of a new effect. Enemies near you when you Blink become volatile. Additionally, when using the Nova Warp Super, the Dark Blink ability no longer consumes Super energy.
- Current: Damaging targets with Chaos Reach extends its duration.
- Update: The base perk of Geomag Stabilizers remains the same. Additionally, picking up an ionic trace while wearing this Exotic will grant Guardians additional Super energy.
Wings of Sacred Dawn
- Current: Aiming weapons while midair suspends you, improving airborne accuracy, reducing incoming flinch, and providing damage resistance. Weapon hits extend the duration of this effect. Provides a large benefit to the airborne effectiveness stat of all weapons.
- Update: The base perk of Wings of Sacred Dawn remains the same. Additionally, this Exotic now automatically reloads Solar weapons from reserves each time you get a kill while aiming down sights.
- Current: Increasing melee attack kills enhances melee damage.
- Update: The base perk of Winter’s Guile remains the same. However, while using Stasis, combatants encased by your Penumbral Blast melee will automatically shatter after a short delay.
These changes bring numerous adjustments to underutilized exotics, enabling them to fit into a variety of new builds. If these changes prove successful in the live game, players can expect a significant shift in the meta.
Looking For More Destiny 2?
Thank you for reading our article on Destiny 2 Exotic Armor Changes in Season 22. We provide the latest news and create guides for Destiny 2. You can also catch me playing games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!
- God Rolls
- PvE Builds
- PvP Builds