Destiny 2 players, are you ready to wreak havoc on your enemies? Look no further, because Ehroar, a member of Clan Redeem and a champion with multiple world’s first raid titles, has crafted another mind-blowing build for you in Beyond Light. This time, get ready to unleash an outrageously high number of grenades at will. Imagine spamming four Stasis grenades back-to-back and being ready to do it all over again almost immediately. It’s time to dive into the madness and learn how to fully utilize the Behemoth subclass’s potential.
Unleashing the Power of Behemoth
Last week marked the arrival of Darkness powers in the Destiny universe, with the introduction of Stasis. While my previous article focused on the long-range freezing abilities of the Warlock Shadebinder subclass, today we turn our attention to the Titan Behemoth subclass. As always, Titans prefer to get up close and personal, and this subclass lets you shatter enemies like china. Let’s dive into the details of this incredible build.
Unlocking the Power
Before we get started, make sure you complete the main campaign in Beyond Light to unlock your Stasis subclass. Once that’s done, embark on The Stranger’s questlines to unlock the Aspect and Fragments that will enhance your subclass with new perks.
What You’ll Need
To make the most of this insane build, ensure you have the following weapons, armor, and mods:
- Subclass: Behemoth – Complete the Beyond Light campaign
- Grenade: Glacier Grenade – Unlocked by default after completing the Beyond Light campaign
- Aspect: Cryoclasm – Complete the Born in Darkness quest line, followed by the Aspect of Control quest, which requires completing The Stasis Prototype Exotic quest
- Fragments: Whisper of Shards – Obtainable by completing two of the three Fragments quests focusing on Strikes, Crucible, or Gambit, as directed by the Exo Stranger. Whisper of Shards enhances your grenade recharge rate when shattering a Stasis crystal
- Exotic Weapon: Your favorite Exotic primary – Monte Carlo is recommended for frequent melee ability and grenade spam, but Bad Juju or Traveller’s Chosen can also be effective
- Energy Weapon: Deafening Whisper – A new grenade launcher from Season of the Hunt, obtainable through Wrathborn Hunts using the Cryptolith Lure
- Heavy Weapon: Falling Guillotine – A Season of Arrivals sword, earned via the Season Pass and Umbral Engrams. Any sword with the Whirlwind Blade and Relentless Strikes perks is a suitable alternative for maximum boss DPS
- Exotic Armor: Armamentarium – A random drop, but can be farmed from Legendary Lost Sectors when chest armor is in the daily rotation
- Blast Radius: Become Charged with Light by swiftly defeating multiple enemies using Grenade Launchers and Rocket Launchers
- Firepower: While Charged with Light, regain a portion of your grenade energy when using your grenade, consuming one stack of Charged with Light
With all the necessary gear in place, it’s time to explore the mechanics behind this unstoppable build.
The Mechanics Unleashed
At the core of this build is the Firepower solar Charged with Light mod, which stacks with multiple copies of itself. The more copies you have, the greater the amount of grenade energy you’ll recover. This is why we recommend equipping four copies of Firepower! The loop is simple yet genius:
- Use the Blast Radius mod to become Charged with Light by getting double-kills with your grenade launcher.
- Once you have two stacks of Charged with Light, throw your Glacier Grenade, creating a cluster of Stasis crystals.
- Thanks to the four Firepower mods, you’ll receive a massive chunk of grenade energy back upon throwing the Glacier Grenade.
- Immediately slide through the Stasis crystals, shattering them and killing enemies nearby.
- Shattering the crystals activates the buff from the Whisper of Shards fragment, allowing you to chain your grenade indefinitely.
- To refresh your Charged with Light stack, get a double kill with the Deafening Whisper grenade launcher, as it consumes one stack.
- And just like that, the infinite loop is complete. Throw your grenade, slide through it, get a double kill, and refresh your Charged with Light. Rinse and repeat.
This build encourages an up-close-and-personal playstyle, perfectly suited for Titans. Get ready to dominate the battlefield with an endless supply of grenades, leaving your enemies in awe.
Remember, this content is created independently by PC Gamer and solely reflects our editorial opinion. So gear up, Titans, and unleash the power of the Behemoth subclass in Destiny 2: Beyond Light!