Diablo 4 recently unleashed its highly anticipated 1.1.0 update on July 18, 2023, and the Diablo 4 community erupted in uproar. Players were taken aback by the significant changes introduced, especially the nerfs to the beloved Rogue class. In this article, we will delve into the details of the Diablo 4 Rogue Nerf and shed light on the alterations brought about by the 1.1.0 update.
Understanding the Rogue Class
The Rogue class in Diablo 4 is a deadly and versatile character specializing in shadowy damage-dealing techniques. Armed with two-hand melee weapons like daggers and swords, as well as ranged weapons like bows and crossbows, the Rogue is a swift and agile fighter. In addition to their weapon prowess, Rogues possess an arsenal of abilities such as grenades and traps. It’s worth noting that the effect of the primary stats varies depending on the character class. For the Rogue, these primary stats yield the following benefits:
- Strength: Increases Resource Generation by xX.X% (1 Strength = 0.1% Resource Generation).
- Intelligence: Increases Critical Strike Chance by +X.X% (1 Intelligence = 0.02% Critical Strike Chance).
- Willpower: Increases Overpower Damage by +X.X% (1 Willpower = 0.25% Overpower Damage).
- Dexterity: Increases Skill Damage by xX.X% (1 Dexterity = 0.1% Skill Damage).
Players can unlock different Rogue skills by investing skill points in the Renown system. Additionally, players have the option to select passive skills when choosing a specific skill cluster. These passive skills grant minor bonuses to damage, defense, or utility under certain conditions, greatly influencing the intricacies of Rogue builds. However, the recent update delivered nerfs across the board for all character classes in Diablo 4.
Diablo 4 Rogue Nerfs
Among the five character classes, the Rogue was not spared from the impact of the recent update. Diablo 4 made the decision to nerf the Siphoning Strike skill of the Rogue with this patch. To say that Rogue players were unhappy with Blizzard’s decision would be an understatement. Siphoning Strike, a passive ability allowing Rogues to heal themselves upon defeating monsters, played a pivotal role in the Rogue’s survivability. However, after the update, this skill now requires a Lucky Hit chance of 75% to trigger the healing effect.
Siphoning Strike is the passive skill that heals the Rogue class after a certain critical strike.
Furthermore, several other nerfs were implemented for the Rogue class in Diablo 4. The goal of these changes is to balance and refine the gameplay experience.
Diablo 4 Rogue Buffs and Adjustments
However, it’s essential to note that the recent patch wasn’t solely focused on nerfs. Diablo 4 also introduced various buffs and adjustments to the Rogue class, aiming to enhance gameplay and achieve a better balance. Here are some of the notable buffs and adjustments:
- Fixed an issue where an Advanced Penetrating shot would not knock down other players in PvP play.
- Fixed an issue where Twisting Blades would not bounce back when the ability killed a Bloated Corpsefiend enemy.
- Enhanced Advanced Rapid Fire duration increased from 3 to 5 seconds.
- Enhanced Smoke Grenade’s damage bonus increased from 15% to 20%.
- Fixed an issue where Shadow Step wouldn’t trigger the Aspect of Uncanny Treachery.
- Methodical Dash maximum cooldown reduction increased from 3 to 4 seconds.
- Concealment Stealth duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds.
- Icy Alchemist’s Aspect Chill increased from 15% to 25%.
- The grasp of Shadow Lucky Hit’s chance increased from 20-30% to 24-34%.
- Vengeful Aspect Lucky Hit Chance increased from 30-50% to 40-60%.
The Bottom Line
The Rogue class has been incredibly popular in Diablo 4, particularly due to its formidable Twisting Blades endgame build. However, with the recent nerf, the build’s sustainability has taken a significant hit. Players now need to contend with the increased Lucky Hit chance percentage, adding another element of concern when constructing their Rogue builds. It’s crucial to remember that this is only the beginning of Season 1, and future patches and updates will undoubtedly shape the Rogue class and its diverse repertoire of builds. Stay tuned for more exciting developments in the world of Diablo 4!