This guide focuses on an advanced Barbarian build for Diablo 4 that specializes in the devastating skill of Double Swing. With this build, you’ll be able to wreak havoc on your enemies, thanks to a combination of powerful abilities and strategic gear choices. Whether you’re a seasoned player or just starting out, this guide will help you maximize your Barbarian’s potential in the game.
The Double Swing build revolves around the core skills of Double Swing, Frenzy, Ground Stomp, Rallying Cry, Iron Skin, and Wrath of the Berserker. By utilizing the unique properties of these skills and combining them with specific passives, you’ll be able to unleash a torrent of damage on your foes while maintaining a strong defense.
Skill and Passive Breakdown
Let’s take a closer look at each skill and passive used in this build and understand how they contribute to its overall effectiveness.
- Frenzy: This basic skill boosts your attack speed, making it an essential part of the build.
- Double Swing: Double Swing is the cornerstone of this build, allowing you to rapidly generate Dust Devils and apply Vulnerable and Stuns to your enemies.
- Ground Stomp: This skill provides a stun effect and helps set up Double Swing’s devastating attacks.
- Rallying Cry: Rallying Cry helps generate Fury and grants you temporary Unstoppable, allowing you to break free from crowd control effects.
- Iron Skin: Iron Skin acts as a defensive tool, providing damage reduction and healing while also granting Unstoppable.
- Wrath of the Berserker: This powerful skill enhances your damage, movement speed, and Fury generation, amplifying the effectiveness of the entire build.
- Unconstrained (Key Passive): This passive increases your damage and prolongs the effects of Berserk, making it a crucial choice for this build.
- Pressure Point: Pressure Point helps you apply Vulnerable to enemies more reliably, enhancing your damage output.
- Prolific Fury: As this build heavily utilizes Berserk, Prolific Fury helps you maintain your Fury levels even with increased Fury cost.
- Swiftness: This passive increases your movement speed, ensuring that you can always stay in melee range of your enemies.
- Pit Fighter: Pit Fighter provides both additional damage and protection against ranged enemies.
- No Mercy: With Stun being a common Crowd Control effect in this build, No Mercy increases your Critical Strike Chance.
- Counteroffensive: Counteroffensive grants extra damage when you have fortified health, adding another layer of offense to your arsenal.
- Duelist: Since Double Swing is exclusive to dual-wielding weapons, Duelist boosts your attack speed, further increasing your Dust Devil generation.
- Wallop: Wallop enhances your damage against stunned or Vulnerable enemies, adding another source of raw power.
- Concussion: This passive adds to your ability to stun enemies, ensuring consistent damage output.
Skill Point Distribution
To ensure your Barbarian is optimized for this build, it’s important to allocate your skill points wisely. Refer to the following table for guidance on where each skill point should be invested:
[Table with Skill Point Distribution]
Gearing and Stats
To maximize the potential of your Barbarian, it’s vital to pay attention to your gear choices and stat allocation. Here are some recommendations to enhance your build:
The main weapons you should focus on for this build are 1H Weapons. Double Swing relies heavily on these weapons, so prioritize high item levels and bonuses related to expertise. Maces are preferred, but other 1H options can also be viable.
For your gear, aim for at least three of the following stats:
- Stat 1
- Stat 2
- Stat 3
- Stat 4
In your weapons, socket Emeralds for increased damage against vulnerable enemies. Sapphires in your armor will aid in breaking out of crowd control effects and fortifying yourself. Skulls in jewelry boost your overall armor, providing valuable protection. During the Season of the Malignant, consider using Malignant Hearts for enhanced effects.
[Table with Recommended Gems]
Due to the dual-wielding nature of this build, you’ll primarily rely on 1H weapons. Two 1H Maces will provide maximum damage output, while a 1H Sword can be used for additional Fury generation if needed. Expertise in 2H Axes helps boost Vulnerable damage.
Aspects play a crucial role in maximizing the effectiveness of this build. Here are some recommended Aspects and their ideal gear placements:
- Windlasher Aspect: This Aspect excels at generating Dust Devils and should be placed on one of your 2H Weapons.
- Devilish Aspect: Another Dust Devil generator, the Devilish Aspect should also be placed on one of your 2H Weapons.
- Accelerating Aspect: This Aspect enhances your attack speed, allowing for faster Dust Devil generation.
- Aspect of Limitless Rage: This Aspect increases your damage output, providing a boost against stunned enemies.
- Aspect of Retribution: Enhancing both damage and Critical Strike Chance against stunned enemies, this Aspect is a valuable addition.
- Aspect of Berserk Ripping: While deviating from the 2H Sword Expertise, this Aspect provides extra damage and Bleed effects.
- Aspect of Anemia: This Aspect increases your ability to stun enemies, improving overall consistency.
- Aspect of Unrelenting Fury: With the ability to trigger even against bosses, this Aspect helps deal consistent damage and generates Fury for the Devilish Aspect.
- Aspect of Berserk Fury: Since you’ll be Berserk almost constantly, this Aspect aids in generating Fury over time.
- Aspect of Iron Warrior: This defensive Aspect grants Unstoppable and Damage Reduction while Iron Skin is active.
- Aspect of Numbing Wrath: By utilizing this Aspect, you’ll be less reliant on Paragon Board effects for Fortify.
Several unique items can greatly impact the effectiveness of this build. Here are a few notable mentions:
- Rage of Harrogath: Sacrificing defense for cooldown reduction, this chest slot item can be valuable if used strategically.
- Battle Trance: This amulet boosts Frenzy’s stack limit, offering additional Attack Speed.
- [Other Unique Items]
Paragon Boards and Glyphs
The Paragon System allows you to enhance your character’s power by allocating Paragon points earned through leveling and Renown. Each Paragon Board has a Glyph Slot where you can place a powerful Glyph. Here is an overview of the Paragon Boards and recommended Glyphs:
- Starter Board: Focus on damage and defense, pathing through Brawn, Raw Power, and grabbing Dexterity to activate the Glyph.
- Warbringer: Enhance damage and defense, prioritize Raw Power and Glyph Node before venturing further.
- Blood Rage: Boost damage against bleeding enemies and elites, pathing through Revel, Grit, and Craving.
- Flawless Technique: Concentrate on 1H weapon bonuses, pathing through Heavy Blows, Brash, and Havoc.
- Carnage: Empower Berserking effects, prioritize Fierce and Berserker, then explore additional clusters.
- Territorial: Increases damage to close enemies and provides damage reduction.
- Exploit: Enhances Vulnerable damage and applies Vulnerable on the first hit to an enemy.
- Disembowel: Amplifies damage against bleeding enemies and reduces non-ultimate cooldowns.
- Ire: Increases damage while Berserking and reduces damage taken from elites.
- Wrath: Boosts critical strike damage and generates Fury with critical strikes.
If you’re starting from level 1, the following leveling order will help you maximize damage and overall performance as you progress:
[Leveling Order Table]
Congratulations! You now have a comprehensive understanding of the Diablo 4 Barbarian Double Swing build. Remember, this build offers a powerful combination of offense and defense, allowing you to dominate your enemies. Don’t forget to check out more leveling and endgame builds on VULKK.com to continue exploring new possibilities in Diablo 4. Additionally, consult our guide on maximizing your damage to reach new heights in the game. Happy gaming!