Destiny 2’s latest expansion, Lightfall, may be the talk of the town, but let’s not forget about the existing Light subclasses. Bungie has given them a minor revamp to keep them in line with the game’s overall changes. The key focus still lies on Strand, but Fragments have been tweaked to enhance these subclasses and offer exciting new possibilities for players. Acquiring these Fragments, however, is not always a walk in the park.
Where to Find the New Light 3.0 Fragments in Destiny 2 Lightfall
Following the events depicted in the Destiny 2 Lightfall cutscene, the Tower has undergone some changes. But fear not, as Ikora Rey, the Warlock Vanguard, is still holding her ground at the Bazaar. To obtain the new Fragments, players must pay her a visit and make a purchase.
Each Fragment carries a price tag of approximately 25,000 Glimmer, so make sure your coffers are well-stocked. Furthermore, some Fragments have been reworked to synergize better with the new elemental pickups introduced in Destiny 2 Lightfall.
All New and Reworked Fragments in Destiny 2 Lightfall
- Spark of Instinct (New): When your health is critically low, taking damage from nearby enemies will release a burst of damaging Arc energy, jolting your targets.
- Spark of Haste (New): Sprinting now significantly boosts your resilience, recovery, and mobility.
- Ember of Mercy (New): When you revive an ally, both you and any nearby ally will receive the Restoration buff. Additionally, picking up a Firesprite grants Restoration.
- Ember of Resolve (New): Solar grenade final blows now grant Cure.
- Ember of Tempering (Reworked): Solar weapon final blows temporarily increase the recovery of you and your allies. Solar weapon final blows also generate a Firesprite.
- Ember of Combustion (Reworked): Striking enemies with a Solar super will ignite them. Defeating enemies with a Solar super will create a Firesprite.
- Ember of Searing (Reworked): Defeating a scorched enemy generates melee energy and creates a Firesprite.
- Echo of Cessation (New): Finishers create a burst of Void damage, debuffing nearby enemies with Volatile. Defeating Volatile targets creates a Void Breach.
- Echo of Vigilance (New): When you defeat a target while your shields are broken, you gain a temporary Void overshield.
- Echo of Domineering (Reworked): After suppressing a target, you gain increased mobility for a short period. Weapons are also reloaded from reserves. Defeating a suppressed target creates a Void Breach.
- Echo of Harvest (Reworked): Precision final blows on weakened targets create an Orb of Power and a Void Breach.
- Echo of Starvation (Reworked): Picking up an Orb of Power or a Void Breach grants Devour.
Unfortunately, the Arc Fragments have not received any reworks. This is due to the creation of Ionic Trace, the elemental pickup for the Arc subclass, whenever an enemy is defeated using Arc weapons or abilities.
These reworks and additions have improved the effectiveness of the subclasses overall and opened up new avenues for build crafting in Destiny 2 Lightfall.