In this guide, we will cover the essential factors for Holy Paladin PvP, including stat priority, recommended gear, trinkets, and enchants. As a seasoned content person with 15 years of experience, I will provide you with expert advice to optimize your gameplay. Let’s dive in!
When it comes to stat priority for Holy Paladins in PvP, the following order is recommended:
- Critical Strike
Intellect is by far the most crucial stat in any situation. Versatility is the next priority, as it enhances both your damage and healing output while reducing incoming damage. Mastery, specifically the Lightbringer mastery, is essential, especially when paired with the Beacon of the Lightbringer talent. Lastly, haste and critical strike can be considered secondary stats.
Finding the right gear is paramount for Holy Paladins in PvP. The following gear suggestions will help you achieve optimal performance:
- Head: Heartfire Sentinel’s Forgehelm
- Neck: Obsidian Gladiator’s Amulet
- Shoulders: Heartfire Sentinel’s Steelwings
- Cloak: Obsidian Gladiator’s Shawl
- Chest: Heartfire Sentinel’s Brigandine
- Wrists: Scalewarden’s Plate Bracers
- Hands: Heartfire Sentinel’s Protectors
- Waist: Obsidian Gladiator’s Plate Greatbelt
- Legs: Heartfire Sentinel’s Faulds
- Feet: Infurious Warboots of Impunity
- Ring 1: Signet of Titanic Insight – With Versatility and Mastery
- Ring 2: Obsidian Gladiator’s Signet
- Trinket 1: Obsidian Gladiator’s Medallion
- Trinket 2: Obsidian Gladiator’s Emblem
- Weapon: Obsidian Gladiator’s Scepter
- Off-hand: Obsidian Gladiator’s Shield
It is important to note that for PvP, it is vital to wear 2 PvP trinkets. This will grant you a boost in stamina and stats, enhancing your survivability.
Acquiring both the 2-set and 4-set bonus is crucial for Holy Paladins. It is worth mentioning that all tier sets are nerfed by 50% in PvP. Despite the nerf, tier sets remain important to maximize your chances of victory. For Holy Paladins, the recommended tier set is:
- Paladin Holy 10.1 Class Set 2pc — Holy Shock’s critical strikes heal for 60% more and reduce the cooldown of Light’s Hammer by 2 sec, or Holy Prism by 1 sec.
- Paladin Holy 10.1 Class Set 4pc — Light’s Hammer heals 100% more frequently and generates 1 Holy Power every 4 sec. Holy Prism’s healing is increased by 80% and it generates 1 Holy Power if cast on an enemy target, or 3 if cast on an ally.
Trinkets and Embellishments
In general, Holy Paladins should aim for trinkets that synergize well with Avenging Crusader or Avenging Wrath. Trinkets can have either a passive or on-use effect. The recommended stats to prioritize are Intellect and Versatility, as they enhance both damage and healing.
Additionally, you can equip embellishments on crafted gear, which can have a significant impact on gameplay. Remember, you can only have two embellishments equipped simultaneously. Here are the recommended embellishments for Holy Paladins:
- Blue Silken Lining: Crafted on your ring, this embellishment grants additional Mastery when your health is above 90%.
- Infurious Warboots of Impunity: These embellishment boots provide a primary stat increase whenever you successfully interrupt, crowd control, or dispel an enemy.
Enchants and Gems
To further enhance your gear, it is crucial to enchant and gem appropriately. Here are the recommended enchantments for a Holy Paladin:
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak – Homebound Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest – Reserve of Intellect
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer – Devotion of Speed
- Belt: Shadowed Belt Clasp
- Legs: Temporal Spellthread
- Feet: Enchant Boots – Plainsrunner’s Breeze
- Rings: Enchant Ring – Devotion of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon – Sophic Devotion
For gemming, prioritize Zen Neltharite for all your gear.
By following these guidelines, you will be well on your way to becoming a formidable Holy Paladin in PvP. Remember, optimizing your stat priority, acquiring the right gear, trinkets, and enchants, and mastering embellishments will greatly increase your chances of success on the battlefield. Best of luck and may the Light guide your path!