Welcome to our comprehensive guide on getting the coveted God Roll for the Mindbender’s Ambition in Destiny 2. This Aggressive Frame Solar Shotgun can be obtained from the weekly Nightfall playlist, and its Adept version is acquired by completing the Nightfall on Grandmaster difficulty. While it may not be as dominant as it once was, the Mindbender’s Ambition is still a viable choice for both PvE and PvP activities.
Why You Should Consider the Mindbender’s Ambition Shotgun
The Mindbender’s Ambition Shotgun is an excellent addition to your arsenal due to various reasons. Firstly, it is currently the only Aggressive Frame Shotgun that deals Solar damage, which can be particularly advantageous in certain encounters. Additionally, it boasts the powerful combination of Pugilist and One-Two Punch perks, making it a compelling choice for Solar Builds. Notably, skilled players can also acquire the Adept version of the weapon and utilize powerful Adept Mods. Here are some key reasons why you should consider acquiring the Mindbender’s Ambition Shotgun:
- It is the only Aggressive Frame Shotgun with Solar damage
- It synergizes well with Solar Builds
- It has a decent perk pool for PvE activities
- It is a solid option for Energy Shotgun PvP
How to Obtain the Mindbender’s Ambition
Currently, the Mindbender’s Ambition can only be obtained as a Legacy Nightfall Weapon from Commander Zavala. You will need to purchase it with Vanguard Emblems in order to obtain this sought-after shotgun. Please note that the Adept version of the weapon is currently inaccessible.
PvE Mindbender’s Ambition God Roll
When it comes to achieving the perfect God Roll for PvE purposes, certain factors come into play. Let’s break down the ideal perks to look out for:
- Barrel: For barrel perks, Smallbore is a reliable choice, offering a range and stability boost without any drawbacks or alterations to pellet spread.
- Magazine: Assault Mag is the optimal choice in PvE scenarios, as it enables faster firing and proves invaluable in damaging larger targets and dispatching smaller foes.
- Column 3 Trait: While Threat Detector may seem tempting, Pugilist synergizes exceptionally well with the perk in Column 4 that we will discuss next.
- Column 4 Trait: One-Two Punch is generally the preferred option for shotgun perks in PvE, especially when paired with specific Hunter subclasses. Incandescent also holds great potential. On the other hand, Vorpal Weapon, while not terrible, is not the best choice for this weapon.
- Origin Trait: Vanguard’s Vindication is the most useful trait in this column for most content. However, in activities featuring champions, Stunning Recovery can potentially prove useful as well.
- Masterwork: Stability is the only suboptimal choice for the Masterwork of this weapon. Any other option will provide a significant boost to its relatively low stats.
- Mods: As shotguns are already effective against most minor enemies, Major Spec and Adept Big Ones Spec are the better choices for this weapon.
To summarize, while the Mindbender’s Ambition used to be the go-to shotgun for PvP players, the shift in its perk pool has relegated it to a more PvE-centric role. Despite its diminished power, there are still alternative options that can deliver similar results without the same level of effort in obtaining them.
PvP Mindbender’s Ambition God Roll
In the realm of PvP, the Mindbender’s Ambition has lost some of its former glory. However, it can still be serviceable with the right perks. Here is what you should look for in the perfect PvP God Roll:
- Barrel: Smallbore once again proves to be a reliable option, offering a range and stability boost without compromising pellet spread.
- Magazine: The debate between Assault Mag and Accurized Rounds continues, with both options considered viable choices.
- Column 3 Trait: Threat Detector is an incredible perk on shotguns in PvP, but Surplus is no slouch either. Either of these perks will work wonders. Slideways and Snapshot Sights, while okay, are inferior in comparison.
- Column 4 Trait: Unfortunately, there is no standout option in Column 4 for the Mindbender’s Ambition, which explains its diminished PvP performance. Steady Hands is the best available choice, highlighting the lack of strong alternatives.
- Origin Trait: Vanguard’s Vindication may not be particularly impactful in PvP, but it still offers some benefits compared to the lackluster options provided by Stunning Recovery.
- Masterwork: Prioritize increasing the Range stat as much as possible to maximize its efficiency in PvP engagements.
- Mods: For the standard version of the weapon, Quick Access Sling is an excellent choice for swift weapon swaps. Alternatively, the Adept version benefits greatly from the Adept Range mod, although utilizing Quick Access Sling may still be preferable.
In conclusion, the Mindbender’s Ambition has experienced a significant decline in its performance compared to its glory days, making it less competitive in PvP encounters. Therefore, players may find greater success using other, more easily obtainable PvP shotguns, such as the Imperial Decree.
More Destiny 2 Lightfall Guides and Builds
Thank you for taking the time to read our in-depth guide on obtaining the God Roll for the Mindbender’s Ambition in Destiny 2. It’s important to note that this weapon is compatible with any class (Hunter, Titan, Warlock), any subclass (Solar, Void, Stasis, Arc, Strand), and any PvE or PvP mode in Destiny 2 (Strikes, Nightfalls, Lost Sectors, Vanguard Operations, Dungeons, Raids, Crucible, Gambit, Trials of Osiris, Iron Banner).
As someone who delves into every aspect of MMO gameplay, including solo, PvP, and PvE, I invite you to join me on my live streams on Twitch and YouTube. You can also find regular updates on Destiny 2 news, builds, and Seasonal and Weapon God Rolls guides.
Image via D2Foundry.gg