Are you ready to discover the ultimate characters in Super Smash Bros Ultimate? Look no further! In this article, we have carefully curated a tier list that showcases the best characters in the game.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, a crossover fighting game developed by Bandai Namco Studios and Sora Ltd., was released in 2018 for the Nintendo Switch. As the fifth installment in the Super Smash Bros series, it offers a vast selection of characters and DLCs, along with over 100 stages and more than 800 tracks. To truly level up your game, you need to understand the abilities and strengths of the characters.
The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tier List
We have ranked the characters into five tiers, based on their competitive gameplay, skills, abilities, and performance. Let’s take a closer look at each tier:
The S-tier consists of the best characters in the game. These characters possess incredible movesets and offer a formidable challenge to opponents. For example, Pikachu excels in edge-guarding skills, while Peach delivers powerful airborne kicks and lethal projectiles. Here are the S-tier characters:
- Peach: Powerful airborne kicks with a lethal down special.
- Pikachu: Excellent recovery and edge-guarding skills.
- Steve: Amazing combos with excellent ledge-trapping and powerful King moves.
- Diddy Kong: A lightweight character with extremely high speed.
- Joker: Extremely fast with efficient recovery, ideal for experienced players.
- Wolf: Excellent range of kill options with the ultimate final smash power.
- R.O.B: Fantastic recovery with strong projectile options.
- Roy: Massive melee kill power with great speed.
- Pyra & Mythra: Great range with extremely powerful knockback attacks and a good range of projectiles, harnessing the power of light and fire.
- Palutena: Easy to master movesets with remarkable aerial moves.
The A-tier consists of characters slightly below the S-tier but are still formidable choices. They offer consistency and deliver solid results. These characters are versatile in their respective roles and provide high kit strength. Here are the A-tier characters:
- Link: Fun projectiles with all-rounder stats, a strong player in the game.
- Min Min: Boasting the best physical range, this character has amazing kill power.
- Sora: A light fighter with the ability to use three different kinds of magic and an ultimate smash power.
- Mario: Excellent recovery rate, making it perfect for beginners to level up their ranks.
- Pokemon Trainer: A versatile character, utilizing the powers of Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur.
- Sonic: Known for its speed, this character also has a great recovery rate.
- Shulk: An excellent all-rounder with Monado arts and a unique fighting style, but challenging to master.
- Mr. Game & Watch: Solid defense with strong kill setups.
- Yoshi: Strong aerial skills and difficult to knock out.
- Inkling: An efficiently balanced character offering great damage but hard to master.
- Captain Falcon: Tough-to-master combos, hard-hitting, and fast.
- Olimar: Strong aerial moves but struggles without Pikmin pals.
- Mega Man: Great at interruptions, this character has more projectiles than any other character in the game.
- Wario: High stats and a strong understanding of the game’s mechanics.
- Daisy: Identical powers to those of Peach, Daisy offers her own personality on the battlefield, intensifying the gameplay.
- Chrom: Super fast attacks with a long reach and above-average defense.
- Dark Samus: Floatier movement pattern with handy projectiles and strong attacks.
- Snake: Powerful hits with a good fighting range, but hard to master.
- Sheik: Excellent speed with the power of dashing enemies.
- Greninja: Excellent speed with strong aerial moves, considered hard to hit.
The B-tier features characters that are slightly below the A-tier but still offer a range of powerful abilities. While not the preferred tier, B-tier characters like Luigi, Ryu, Bayonetta, and Corrin provide a high range of projectiles to elevate your gameplay.
- Luigi: High jump power but slightly lower speed and stats.
- Ryu: Excellent combo potential, despite a poor recovery rate.
- Corrin: Deals less damage but has killing options.
- Bayonetta: Tremendous aerial moveset and combo potential, with little kill power and recovery.
- Ike: Excels in the air with powerful attacks.
- Ice Climbers: Middling stats, struggles with recovery.
- Pichu: Fast character with excellent combos, but lacks damage.
- Pac-Man: Fun and unique movesets, but slow and struggles with speed.
The C-tier comprises below-average characters in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. While they lack the abilities and strengths of higher tiers, they can still be arguable in terms of using certain specific moves and attributes. Here are the C-tier characters:
- Rosalina and Luma: Great aerial abilities with two hitboxes, but ineffective if Luma dies.
- Robin: Fantastic ranged attacks with a good recovery rate, tends to run out of projectiles.
- Piranha Plant: Surprisingly strong attacks but slow and struggles to land.
- Donkey Kong: Powerful attacks, but lacks recovery.
- Kirby: Incredible recovery rate but extremely slow.
- Toon Link: Smaller and faster, but easier to kill and deals low damage.
- Zelda: Amazing final smash with a 100% KO, but slow and deals low damage.
The D-tier consists of characters that should be avoided due to their weak performance. These characters require more power to help you level up in the game. It is advisable to choose characters from higher tiers instead. Here are the D-tier characters:
- Isabelle: Adored for its cute looks but has below-average stats.
- Little Mac: Fair attacking speed, suitable for beginners to practice with, but poor stats for ranking.
- King K. Rool: Powerful attacks and KO potential, but extremely slow with a very poor recovery rate.
- Ganondorf: High attack and kill power, but extremely low and poor.
Make sure to bookmark this page, as we will keep updating the Super Smash Bros Ultimate tier list based on the current stats of the characters. Now go forth, use the top characters, and level up your rankings in the game!