Are you looking to maximize your Combo Point Rogue’s potential in Diablo 4? Look no further! In this guide, we will focus on a post-campaign Endgame Flurry build that doesn’t rely too heavily on Aspects but becomes much more potent with the completed build. With the help of this guide, you’ll be able to deal consistently high DPS and have a blast while doing it.
A Versatile Class
The Rogue class in Diablo 4 offers a variety of options, both ranged and melee. This build combines the best of both worlds, creating a hybrid build that utilizes the Close Quarters Combat Key Passive with the Combo Points Specialization. The result is a quick and flashy build that’s not only powerful but also a lot of fun to play.
Skill and Passive Breakdown
To understand how this build works, let’s take a closer look at the skills and passives we’ll be using.
- Puncture: This skill will be our main source of Energy recovery and will help us maintain Vulnerable status on enemies.
- Flurry: Flurry is our main source of damage and becomes even stronger when combined with the Aspect of Encircling Blades, making it an excellent AoE skill.
- Shadow Step: Shadow Step provides mobility and allows us to break out of crowd control, repositioning us to deal damage efficiently.
- Poison Trap: Poison Trap offers utility and deals significant damage. It’s also a great way to potentially reset Poison Imbuement.
- Poison Imbuement: This skill boosts our single-target damage, scaling off Flurry’s damage when combined with Combo Points.
- Shadow Clone: Shadow Clone is an incredible Ultimate for the Rogue. It increases our damage and provides additional chances to trigger the Aspect of Bursting Venom.
- Close Quarters Combat (Key Passive): This passive grants a solid boost to Attack Speed and increased damage against Crowd Controlled Enemies. It synergizes well with Combo Points and helps us deal high DPS.
- Sturdy: As a primarily melee build, Sturdy helps us survive when we’re in the thick of things, reducing damage taken from melee enemies.
- Siphoning Strikes: Siphoning Strikes provides excellent sustain, especially with our AoE skill triggering multiple Critical Strikes per use.
- Reactive Defense: This passive covers us in case we get crowd controlled and don’t have Shadow Step available. It strengthens our defenses, addressing one of the Rogue’s few weaknesses.
- Concussive: Concussive increases our Critical Strike Chance when Mangler’s Aspect and Trick Attacks are active, providing a significant boost to damage.
- Weapon Mastery: Regardless of the melee weapon we use, Weapon Mastery provides substantial benefits to our overall damage.
- Exploit: Exploit enhances our burst damage, making it incredibly useful for boss encounters.
- Malice: Malice boosts our damage by consistently applying and spreading Vulnerable, making it a valuable passive.
- Precision Imbuement: While we only have Poison Imbuement, Precision Imbuement adds free Critical Strike Chance to our build.
- Deadly Venom: With two abilities dealing Poison Damage, Deadly Venom’s boost to Poisoning Damage makes a significant difference.
- Alchemical Advantage: Alchemical Advantage increases Attack Speed, helping us clear packs more efficiently.
- Trap Mastery: As we can quickly drop poison Traps during combat, Trap Mastery provides a consistent increase in Critical Strike Chance.
Skill Point Distribution
To make things easier, we’ve provided an easy-to-reference table for where you should assign your skill points. These are listed in the order they appear on the skill tree. For a visual representation, refer to the image below.
Gearing and Stats
Now let’s talk about gearing and the ideal stats to enhance this build. Remember, the right gear can make a massive difference in your performance.
Thanks to Weapon Mastery, your choice of weaponry is crucial. We recommend using a Pair of Daggers as your main weapons. While you already deal consistent damage in many encounters, the added burst potential of Daggers makes them invaluable. With Swords, you’ll have more consistent damage, but with Daggers, you’ll have stronger burst potential.
To enhance your build, keep an eye out for gear that matches at least three of the following four rolls:
- Attack Speed
Due to the width of the table, we recommend mobile users rotate their devices to view it properly. For a visual representation, refer to the image below.
To further enhance your build, here are our recommended gems:
- Emeralds in your Weapons: Apply Vulnerable constantly and boost your Critical Strike Damage.
- Topaz in your Armor: Ensure you have a source of Unstoppable to avoid being taken out easily.
- Skulls in your Jewelry: Benefit from Armor’s Damage Reduction against all incoming damage types.
During the Season of the Malignant, consider using Malignant Hearts instead of Skulls. These provide similar Armor but offer powerful effects that complement your build. Refer to the table below for the hearts that provide the best effects.
This build utilizes Combo Points as its specialization. Although Inner Sight is a potential option, it falls short compared to Combo Points and Close Quarters Combat. Combo Points synergize well with your skills, boosting their damage and Attack Speed. This specialization allows you to deal high DPS despite the lack of outright burst.
To maximize your build’s potential, we recommend the following aspects:
- Aspect of Encircling Blades: This aspect makes Flurry a full AoE skill, making it less directional and more effective.
- Aspect of Bursting Venoms: With this aspect, Poison Imbuement can be used more often, especially when Aspect of Bursting Venoms triggers.
- Vengeful Aspect: This aspect increases Critical Strike Chance when applying Vulnerable, which synergizes well with Flurry.
- Aspect of Imitated Imbuement: This aspect allows your Shadow Clone to use your imbuements, resulting in more Poison damage.
- Aspect of the Expectant: By using at least one Puncture between uses of Flurry, this aspect increases your overall damage.
- Mangler’s Aspect: This aspect grants a chance to Daze when hitting Vulnerable enemies, allowing you to disable them with crits.
- Aspect of Pestilent Points: This aspect, added in Update 1.1.0, applies poison Imbuement with greater potency every third use of Puncture, providing more consistent opportunities to trigger Aspect of Bursting Venoms.
- Aspect of the Umbral: With this aspect, you can gain a bit of extra Energy by frequently applying Crowd Control.
- Aspect of Disobedience: This defensive aspect helps cover us when dealing with damage from Poison effects.
- Aspect of the Protector: This aspect provides increased life when facing Elites and Bosses, allowing you to stack poison safely.
While many unique items offer valuable effects, we’ll focus on the few that have the strongest impact on your build. Keep an eye out for these items and slot them into your build for maximum effect. These uniques start dropping in Tier 3 content, so keep pushing and grinding to obtain them.
- Cowl of the Nameless: This unique helm provides Cooldown Reduction and increased Lucky Hit Chance against Crowd Controlled Enemies, enhancing your build’s effectiveness.
- Grasp of Shadow: These unique gloves allow Puncture and Flurry to be repeated by a Shadow Clone when hitting a Vulnerable enemy, providing additional damage.
- [Add more unique items and their effects if necessary]
Paragon Boards and Glyphs
Paragon Boards and Glyphs are endgame options available starting at level 50. Let’s take a look at how to make the most of these systems.
Paragon Boards strengthen your character by spending Paragon points earned through leveling and Renown. Each board has a Glyph Slot to place a powerful glyph of your choice.
- Starter Board: This board offers generic damage and defense bonuses but doesn’t specialize in any specific aspect of your build.
- Tricks of the Trade Board: This board boosts your main damage sources and works well with switching between Marksman and Cutthroat skills.
- Cunning Stratagem Board: This board enhances your Combo Points and overall skill damage.
- Exploit Weakness Board: This board focuses on boosting your damage to Vulnerable enemies.
Each Paragon Board has a Glyph Slot where you can socket a glyph to further enhance your build. Here are our recommended glyphs and the boards to place them on:
- Closer Glyph: This glyph increases damage for Cutthroat Skills and provides Damage Reduction when using a melee weapon. Place it in your Starter Board.
- Bane Glyph: This glyph boosts Poison Damage and grants a chance to double the effect of your Poison. Place it in your Tricks of the Trade Board.
- Exploit Glyph: This glyph enhances your damage against Vulnerable enemies and allows you to apply a short-duration Vulnerable to anything you hit. Place it in your Cunning Stratagem Board.
- Combat Glyph: This glyph increases Critical Strike Damage for your Core Skills and partially reduces the cost of Flurry when you Critically Strike. Place it in your Exploit Weakness Board.
With this Diablo 4 Combo Point Rogue Build Guide, you have all the tools you need to master the Poisonous Flurry build. Remember to keep an eye out for the recommended gear, unique items, and stats to maximize your build’s potential. Don’t forget to experiment and try new things with your characters to spice up your gameplay. If you want to explore a different playstyle, check out our Imbuement Rogue Build, which focuses on the Rapid Fire skill. Happy hunting!