In recent years, shaved ice has certainly gained popularity in the United States, with many Chinese dessert shops sprouting up all over Chinatown or Asian suburbs. You don’t have to live in one of those areas to enjoy this refreshing and soothing dessert. I really love this simple recipe: finely shaved and snowy ice, flavored with syrup and topped with an assortment of fruits. It is a cooling dessert and an excellent thirst quencher for warm summer days.
- 4 cups (500 g) ice cubes or crushed ice
- 4 tablespoons condensed milk or evaporated milk
- Syrup (yields about 8 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup (100 g) dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 1 cup (175 g) diced mango
- 1 cup (175 g) diced kiwi
- 4 strawberries, sliced into pieces
- Heat up a saucepan over medium heat and bring the ingredients in the Syrup to a boil, stirring continuously. Turn off the heat as soon as the dark brown sugar dissolves. Set aside and let cool.
- Shave the ice cubes or crushed ice in a blender.
- Divide the shaved ice equally into 4 ice cream cups.
- Add 1 tablespoon condensed milk and 2 tablespoons syrup into each shaved ice.
- Top each shaved ice with 1/4 portion of diced mango, 1/4 portion kiwi, and 1/4 portion of strawberry. Serve immediately.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!