The iPad, with its sleek design and user-friendly interface, has become a popular choice among consumers. However, like any electronic device, it can encounter display issues over time. In this article, we will discuss how to fix the problem of your iPad not showing or displaying in full screen. We’ll also cover tips and tricks specific to different iPad models and iOS versions and explore alternative options to view content in full screen.
iPad Full Screen Video Not Working
If you’re experiencing difficulties with full-screen videos on your iPad, there are a few possible reasons. It could be a software issue or a bug preventing the video from playing in full screen mode. Another potential cause might be a problem with the video player app itself. To resolve this, try the following steps:
- Restart your iPad by pressing and holding the power button, then sliding the bar to turn it off. Wait for a few seconds, then turn it back on.
- Update your iPad’s software to the latest version. Go to “Settings” > “General” > “Software Update” and follow the prompts.
- If the issue persists, try using a different video player app from the App Store to see if the problem is specific to the app you were using.
- If none of these methods work, consider reaching out to Apple customer support or visiting an authorized repair center for further assistance.
Issues With Your iPad? Restart It
If you encounter any other issues with your iPad, restarting it might solve the problem. Here’s how to do it based on your iPad model:
- For iPads with a Home button: Press and hold the top button until the slider appears. Drag the slider to power off the device.
- For iPads without a Home button: Press and hold the volume and top buttons simultaneously until the slider appears. Drag the slider to power off the device.
- For all versions of the iPad: Go to “Settings” > “General” > “Shut Down.” Drag the slider to power off your device.
Force Restart the Device
If your iPad becomes unresponsive, a force restart might be necessary. Follow these steps based on your iPad model:
- For iPads with a Home button: Press and hold the Home button and the top button simultaneously. Release them when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- For all other versions of the iPad: Press and release the volume up button, then press and release the volume down button. Finally, press and hold the top button. Release it when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
iPad Not Displaying Full Screen/Not Showing Full Screen
If your iPad is displaying a cut-off web page or not showing the bottom lines, it may be due to incorrect optimization. To make your iPad display in full screen, consider the following tips:
- Zoom In on Apps: Some apps may not be optimized for the iPad’s screen. Check the App Store for an iPad-optimized or universal version of the app. You can also zoom in on the app by pressing the UI classic zoom to expand icon.
- Request Desktop Version of Website: If a website doesn’t adapt to your device, you can try requesting the desktop version. Open your browser app on the iPad, tap the “aA” icon in the URL address bar, and choose “Request Desktop Website.”
iPad Not Showing Full Screen on TV / iPad Not Mirroring Full Screen
When using AirPlay to stream to your TV, you may encounter the issue of your iPad not displaying or mirroring content in full screen. Here are some solutions:
- Use Mirroring: Mirroring your iPad will show the entire screen on the TV or AirPlay device. Keep in mind that the aspect ratio of your iPad and TV should match to avoid content being cut off.
- Adjust Zoom Options: If AirPlay is not in full screen, adjust the zoom settings on your TV. Different settings may crop your video or display area edges.
- Play the Video in Full Screen: Try playing the video in full screen on your iPad. Sometimes, this can resolve display issues.
iPad Not Playing Video Full Screen
Watching YouTube videos in full screen on the iPad might seem challenging. However, there are workarounds you can try:
- Get the YouTube App: Download the YouTube app from the App Store to watch videos in full screen. Make sure to keep the app updated for optimal performance.
The iPad’s popularity is undeniable, but encountering display issues is not uncommon. Fortunately, you can resolve many of these problems by adjusting your iPad settings. For more complicated issues, the solutions mentioned above should help you enjoy a full-screen experience on your iPad. Good luck!
- iPad Keeps Staying On: Troubleshooting Guide