Meaty Chinese mushrooms swimming in a rich aromatic sauce with tofu and juicy Chinese broccoli. Also called tofu bubbles, the tofu used in this dish is deep-fried to create a golden surface and a light, fluffy texture within. Use vegetarian oyster sauce if you prefer.
- Preparation times: 10 minutes
- Cooking times: 6 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 3 cm (1¼in) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 8 large Chinese dried mushrooms, re-hydrated in hot water, drained and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200 g (7 oz) ready-fried tofu puffs
- 120 g (4 oz) gai lan (Chinese broccoli) or Tenderstem broccoli, stems and leaves separated, cut into bite- sized pieces
- ½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce (or vegetarian oyster sauce)
- 120 ml (½ cup) vegetable stock
- ¼ tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch) mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!