Are you experiencing issues with inviting friends in Valorant? You’re not alone. Many Valorant users have encountered this problem, but fear not! It’s not a bug or glitch from the developers’ end. Instead, it’s usually caused by settings made by the players themselves. In this article, we will explore the various fixes and solutions to help you overcome the invitation error and join the party seamlessly.
Understanding the Issue
Before we delve into the fixes, it’s important to understand the root cause of the problem. Valorant doesn’t allow players to play in different regions, which means you and your friends must be in the same region to join each other’s parties. So, let’s start by checking if both you and your friends are in the same region.
Checking and Changing Region
To begin, make sure you are logged in to your Riot account. Follow these steps:
- Visit the official Valorant website using your browser.
- Click on “Support” from the list of options.
- In the search bar, type “cannot connect with friends” and press Enter. A list of options will appear.
- Choose the option “Changing Your Region of Residence for Your Riot Account” and you will be redirected to another page.
- Click the red button “Check” under the “UPDATING YOUR REGION OF RESIDENCE” subheading to check your current region. You may see one of two messages.
- You can view your current region and change it accordingly. The system will suggest the required region.
Remember, changing your region is essential to ensure you can play with your friends. However, keep in mind that the system auto-detects the region based on your location, so you may need to install and run a VPN server to change your region to your preference.
Contacting Riot Support
If the issue persists even after changing your region, it might be necessary to contact Riot support for further assistance. Follow these steps:
- If the system couldn’t accurately determine your region, you will see a message stating, “Unfortunately, we cannot accurately determine your Region of Residence at this time. Please submit a ticket so an agent can assist you.”
- Click on “Submit a Ticket” and you will be redirected to a submit request page.
- Choose the appropriate request category such as Account Management, Data Request, or Deletion.
- Describe your issue clearly, including your current region, in the description box.
Alternative Solution: Creating a Riot Account on a Separate Region
If all else fails, there is another workaround that allows you to play with friends located in a different region without using a VPN. Here’s what you can do:
- Create a new Google account (old ones work too, but it’s safer to create a new one).
- Share your new Google account ID and password with your foreign friend.
- Ask your friend to create a Riot account from their region. This will automatically register your account to their region.
- Please note that you won’t be able to transfer your previous progress to your new account, so keep this in mind.
What do you Mean by AFK, Queue Dodging, and Friendly fire?
- AFK (Away From Keyboard) refers to players who are not actively using their computer. They may be away temporarily or intentionally pretending not to be present in the game.
- Queue Dodging happens when players leave the game just before it begins, leaving the team with fewer players.
- Friendly fire occurs when a teammate is injured or killed by their own team agent’s ability.
Can I Change My Summoner Name?
Yes, you can change your Summoner name. Simply go to your Riot account and update your Summoner name. Your friends will see your new name in the game.
Does Valorant Delete Inactive Accounts?
Starting from August 15th, Riot Games has removed all inactive Valorant and League of Legends accounts. If you have been inactive, it is recommended to check your old accounts for confirmation.
Don’t let the invitation error hold you back from enjoying Valorant. Follow these steps and solutions to overcome the issue and join your friends in the game. Happy gaming!