In this article, we will explore the best Ricochet build in Cyberpunk 2077. Ricochet is a unique power that weapons possess, providing special effects. Although it was initially overlooked by developers, recent upgrades have made it a viable and powerful option.
The Ricochet Build
The key to this build lies in utilizing Power weapons and their distinctive ricochet effect. By focusing on this mechanic and equipping items that enhance its capabilities, advanced players can challenge themselves and deal triple the normal damage. However, hitting enemies indirectly can be challenging, especially when under heavy fire. But the rewards are worth it.
To maximize the effectiveness of the Ricochet build, it is crucial to allocate attribute points wisely. Here is the recommended progression for the major level milestones:
- Level 10: Reflexes 10, Body 5, Technical Ability 6, Cool 7, Intelligence 3
- Level 30: Reflexes 16, Body 11, Technical Ability 10, Cool 11, Intelligence 3
- Level 50: Reflexes 20, Body 12, Technical Ability 18, Cool 18, Intelligence 3
As you progress through the game, focus on improving the following attributes:
- Reflexes: Enhances Assault and Handgun perk trees.
- Body: Increases survivability and unlocks improvements in the Athletics perk tree.
- Technical Ability: Allows crafting the best Legendary weapons and provides enhancements to Ricochet’s weapons.
- Cool: Boosts offensive perks, including damage and movement speed.
The choice of weapons is a critical decision for the Ricochet build. Here are the recommended perk trees for different weapon types:
Handguns – Pistols or Revolvers
- Gunslinger: Reduces reload time for Pistols and Revolvers by 25%.
- High Noon: Increases crit chance with Pistols and Revolvers by 6%.
- Desperado: Boosts damage with Pistols and Revolvers by 10%.
- Rio Bravo: Enhances headshot damage multiplier with Pistols and Revolvers by 15%.
- Long Shot Drop Pop: Increases damage with Pistols and Revolvers to enemies 5+ meters away by 25%.
- Steady Hand: Reduces Pistol and Revolver recoil by 20%.
- O.K. Corral: Deals 50% more damage with Pistols and Revolvers to enemies below 25% health.
- Vanishing Point: Increases Mitigation Chance by 20% for 5 seconds after performing a dodge with a Pistol or Revolver.
- A Fistful of Eurodollars: Increases crit damage with Pistols and Revolvers by 30%.
- From Head to Toe: Boosts damage done to limbs with Pistols and Revolvers by 7-15%.
- Acrobat: Enables dodging while aiming a Pistol or Revolver.
- Grand Finale: The last round in a Pistol or Revolver clip deals double damage.
- Attritional Fire: Firing consecutive shots with a Pistol or Revolver at the same target increases damage by 10%.
- Wild West: Removes the damage penalty from Pistols and Revolvers when shooting from a distance.
- Snowball Effect: After defeating an enemy, Revolvers’ fire rate increases by 5% for 6 seconds.
- Westworld: Increases crit chance for Pistols and Revolvers by 5% if fully modded.
- Lead Sponge: Enables shooting with Pistols and Revolvers while dodging.
- Brainpower: After a successful headshot with a Pistol or Revolver, crit chance increases by 7% for 5 seconds.
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: After a successful crit hit with a Pistol or Revolver, damage and armor increase by 30% for 5 seconds. (+1% per perk level)
Assault – Assault Rifles and SMGs
- Bulletjock: Increases damage with Rifles by 10%.
- Eagle Eye: Reduces aim down sight time with Rifles by 50%.
- Covering Killshot: Increases crit chance with Rifles and SMGs by 8% when firing from behind cover.
- Bullseye: Enhances Rifle damage while aiming by 10%.
- Executioner: Deals 25% more damage with Rifles and SMGs to enemies above 50% health.
- Duck Hunter: Increases Rifle and SMG damage to moving enemies by 10-20%.
- Shoot, Reload, Repeat: Reduces reload time by 20-40% for 5 seconds after defeating an enemy with a Rifle or SMG.
- Feel the Flow: Reduces reload time by 20-40% for 5 seconds after defeating an enemy with a Rifle or SMG.
- Nerves of Steel: Increases headshot damage with Sniper Rifles and Precision Rifles by 10-15%.
- Hunter’s Hands: Reduces recoil with Rifles and SMGs by 10% when firing from behind cover.
- Trench Warfare: Increases Rifle and SMG damage by 10% when firing from behind cover.
- Named Bullets: Increases crit damage with Rifles and SMGs by 20%.
- Skull Skipper: Each headshot reduces recoil with Rifles and SMGs by 4% for 10 seconds. (Stacks up to 5 times)
- Bunker: Increases armor and resistances by 15% while aiming with Rifles and SMGs from behind cover.
- Recoil Wrangler: Reduces recoil with Rifles and SMGs by 5%.
- In Perspective: Bullets fired from Power Rifles and Power SMGs ricochet an additional time.
- Long Shot: Rifle and SMG damage increases the farther you are located from enemies.
- Savage Stoic: Increases damage with Rifles and SMGs by 35% when standing still.
- Punisher: After defeating an enemy with a Rifle or SMG, weapon sway is nullified and weapon spread does not increase for 10 seconds. (+0.2 sec per perk level)
- Draw the Line: Preview bullets’ ricochet trajectory when aiming with Power Weapons if Ballistic Coprocessor cyberware is installed.
- Play the Angles: Increases ricochet damage.
- Mechanic: Get more components when disassembling.
- True Craftsman: Allows crafting Rare items.
- Scrapper: Automatically disassembles junk items.
- Sapper: Grenades deal 20% more damage (optional, not a priority).
- Field Technician: Increases damage of crafted weapons by 10%.
- Grease Monkey: Allows crafting Epic items.
- Tune-up: Increases the quality of your components.
- Edgerunner Artisan: Allows crafting legendary items. (Requires Crafting level 12 for unlocking many legendary Crafting specs)
- Cold Blood: Stack up Cold Blood with kills to gain bonuses.
- Easy Out: Increases ranged weapon damage by 20% to enemies within a 5-meter area while Cold Blood is active.
- Collagulant: Stack of Cold Blood is removed one by one instead of all at once.
- Frozen Precision: Each stack of Cold Blood increases headshot damage by 5%.
- Icy Veins: Reduces weapon recoil by 6% per stack of Cold Blood.
- Cold and Calculating: Critical hits can add a stack of Cold Blood.
- Coldest Blood: Increases Cold Blood stack by 2.
- Critical Condition: Cold Blood duration is increased by 50%.
- Immunity: Provides immunity to bleeding, poison, burn, and shock.
- Regeneration: Health slowly regenerates during combat.
- Epimorphosis: Increases health regen threshold from 60% to 65% in combat and to 100% out of combat.
- Multitasker: Shoot while sprinting, sliding, and vaulting.
- Divided Attention: Reload weapons while sprinting, sliding, and vaulting.
- Assassin: Deals 15% more damage to human enemies.
- Sniper: Increases headshot damage outside combat by 20%.
- From the Shadows: Upon entering combat, crit chance increases by 20% for 7 seconds.
To make the most of the Ricochet build, consider the following tactics:
It is not necessary to use Aim Down Sights
Contrary to expectations, aiming down sights is not essential for utilizing the Ricochet effect effectively. The bullets have an auto-targeting feature that adjusts their path if they are close to an enemy. Therefore, shooting at the ground near the enemy can activate the Ricochet effect.
Use the new Ricochet muzzles
Recent patches have introduced Ricochet muzzles that significantly improve the handling, damage, and recoil of Ricochet weapons. These can be purchased in the Second Amendment store, run by Robert Wilson near V’s apartment. Keep in mind that the items may not appear instantly, so give the store 24 hours to restock.
Assault Rifles vs. Pistols
Choosing between pistols and assault rifles can be a dilemma in the Ricochet build. Pistols and revolvers provide a higher Ricochet damage bonus but have a slower fire rate and smaller clips. Assault rifles and SMGs, on the other hand, have a high fire rate but lower damage. It is recommended to try out both weapon types before committing to one and spending perk points.
While the Ricochet build is compatible with any Power-type weapons, there are some standout options that work exceptionally well with this mechanic. It is also crucial to equip the new Ricochet muzzles for maximum effectiveness. Here are some equipment recommendations:
Pistols and Revolvers
- Death and Taxes: A powerful weapon that deals electrical damage and releases two bullets, increasing the chance of hitting with the Ricochet effect.
- Crash: This weapon shoots faster while holding the fire button, but personal preferences may vary.
- Doom Doom: Requires specific early game choices but offers high power with four projectiles.
- Kongou: Boasts low recoil and a high rate of fire.
Assault Rifles and Submachine Guns
- Problem Solver: A rapid-firing Submachine Gun that unleashes 1000 rounds per minute, making it perfect for shredding groups of enemies.
- Moron Labe: Offers a high fire rate and the ability to dismember enemies.
- Ricochet Muzzles: Equip RC-7 Babaroga for pistols and revolvers, RC-7 Zaar for assault rifles and SMGs, RC-7 Ifrit for pistols and revolvers, and RC-7 Strigoi for assault rifles and SMGs.
- Mods: Consider using Crunch for increased damage and Neon Arrow for reduced weapon reload time by 5%.
- Deadeye: Provides a high damage increase with +6% Crit Damage and +15% Headshot Damage Multiplier.
- Bully: Offers +8% Crit Damage for maximizing damage output.
- Armadillo: Recommended for maximum survivability, providing a bonus to armor (aim for Legendary or Epic variants).
- Fortuna: Grants +4% Crit Chance.
- Zero Drag: Increases movement speed, making the gameplay more dynamic.
- Frontal Cortex: Equip Mechatronic Core to increase damage against drones, mechs, and robots.
- Ocular System: Choose Kiroshi Optics Mk.3 with three upgrade slots for additional ocular system enhancements.
- Circulatory System: Consider Biomonitor for instant health restoration when it drops below a certain threshold.
- Nervous System: Prioritize Kerenzikov to slow down time when dodging or sliding.
- Skeleton: Opt for Bionic Joints to reduce recoil with ranged weapons.
- Hands: Equip Ballistic Coprocessor for a significant increase in ricochet damage.
- Legs: Choose Reinforced Tendons for improved traversal or Fortified Ankles for aerial targeting.
Thank you for reading this guide on building the best Ricochet build in Cyberpunk 2077. We have covered recommended attribute distributions, perk tree progressions, and gear recommendations for maximizing damage output. Feel free to leave a comment below and share your experience with the Ricochet build!