If you’re a dedicated Guardian in Destiny 2, you’re likely always on the lookout for new and powerful weapons to add to your arsenal. One such weapon is The Last Breath, a legendary auto rifle that can be obtained as a reward for completing the second encounter in the Prophecy dungeon. In this guide, we’ll explore how to acquire this weapon, as well as the best rolls to optimize its performance in both PvE and PvP scenarios.
Acquiring The Last Breath
To obtain The Last Breath, you’ll need to conquer the Cube room encounter in the Prophecy dungeon. This weapon is exclusively dropped as a reward for completing this encounter and will not drop from any other activity in the game. However, once you obtain The Last Breath, it will also start appearing in the dungeon’s two secret chests. The good news is that there is no limit to how many times you can complete this encounter, so if you’re determined to get The Last Breath, you can keep redoing the Cube room until you obtain a roll that suits your preferences.
The Last Breath God Rolls
The Last Breath PvE God Roll
In PvE activities, The Last Breath can serve as a formidable tool for decimating hordes of enemies. To optimize its performance, consider the following god roll:
- Arrowhead Brake: This barrel attachment enhances recoil control, making it easier to consistently land shots.
- Appended Mag or Ricochet Rounds: For the magazine, you have two excellent options. Appended Mag increases magazine size without any penalties, while Ricochet Rounds provides a significant boost to range.
- Subsistence or Demolitionist: For the first primary perk, Subsistence is highly recommended. This perk continuously refunds ammo with each enemy kill, allowing you to keep firing without needing to reload. Alternatively, Demolitionist allows you to consistently regenerate your grenade, making it a versatile utility perk.
- Frenzy or Adagio: In the second primary perk slot, Frenzy is a superb damage perk that synergizes well with Subsistence. However, if you’re looking for something new, Adagio is a new perk that decreases fire rate while increasing damage output with each kill.
The Last Breath PvP God Roll
While The Last Breath may not be the ideal choice for PvP engagements, with the right perks, it can still hold its own. Consider the following god roll for PvP scenarios:
- Corkscrew Rifling: This barrel attachment boosts range, stability, and handling, making it a solid choice for improving the firearm’s overall performance.
- Ricochet Rounds or Armor-Piercing Rounds: Choose Ricochet Rounds for increased range and stability, which are crucial in PvP encounters.
- Dynamic Sway Reduction or Killing Wind: For the first primary perk, Dynamic Sway Reduction is recommended. It provides stability and accuracy bonuses without requiring kills, making it more consistent in smaller game modes like Trials of Osiris or Elimination. However, Killing Wind can still be effective, especially in casual matches.
- Rangefinder or Adagio: In the second primary perk slot, Rangefinder offers a boost to your effective range, making the weapon more reliable. However, Adagio can provide a significant damage boost, which can be devastating in less competitive environments.
With these god rolls in mind, you can now venture into the Prophecy dungeon and work towards obtaining The Last Breath. Whether you prefer to tackle challenging PvE encounters or engage in intense PvP battles, this powerful auto rifle will serve you well. So gear up, Guardian, and unleash the full potential of The Last Breath!