Destiny 2’s Season of the Deep offers guardians the opportunity to continue wielding the power of Strand to dismantle their adversaries. However, this season introduces Artifact Mods that provide plenty of incentives for players to explore Void and Arc subclasses, in addition to harnessing the dark-green Darkness power.
Artifact mods play a crucial role in every season, as experienced players can attest after utilizing mods like Breach and Clear or Particle Deconstruction. In a similar fashion to Season of Defiance, which brought surprises for Solar players with enhanced Firebolt grenades, Season 21 promises an array of exciting options for all players, especially those who prefer Void, Arc, or Strand subclasses.
Unveiling the Season of the Deep’s Artifact Mods in Destiny 2
The season’s artifact, the NPA Repulsor Regulator, empowers Void players to embrace Void Breaches, the evolved form of Void Elemental Wells. If players can swiftly access debuffs, they’ll experience an abundance of Void Breaches and easier access to Devour.
Moreover, players have a wide selection of Anti-Champion mods to choose from, including the returning options of Unstoppable Glaive and Overload Trace Rifle for Special weapons. Let’s delve into the details of Season of the Deep’s Artifact Mods in Destiny 2.
First-column Artifact Mods in Season of the Deep (Champion mods)
These mods primarily focus on providing Anti-Champion functionality for specific weapon categories. The prevalence of Overload and Unstoppable mods suggests that the Nightfall repertoire favors these two Champion types. While the Anti-Barrier Auto Rifle is the only available Artifact choice for countering Anti-Barrier champions, players can also rely on weapons with intrinsic capacities (such as Wish-Ender, Arbalest, and Revision Zero) or utilize Radiant and Volatile effects.
- Anti-Barrier Auto Rifle: Enables auto rifles to penetrate enemy barriers, and auto rifles are always overcharged when this modifier is active.
- Unstoppable Hand Cannon: Aiming down sights briefly before firing enables hand cannons to stun Unstoppable Champions, and hand cannons are always overcharged when this modifier is active.
- Overload Scout Rifle: Hitting enemies with consecutive scout rifle shots will stun Overload Champions, and scout rifles are always overcharged when this modifier is applicable.
- Overload Trace Rifle: “Uninterrupted fire from your equipped Trace Rifles causes the beam to stun combatants, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering their damage output. This modifier is particularly effective against Overload Champions, and Trace Rifles are always overcharged when this modifier is active.”
- Unstoppable Glaive: Glaive projectiles can stun Unstoppable Champions, and glaives are always overcharged whenever applicable.
Second-column Artifact Mods (weapon cost reduction)
The mods in the second column provide a reduction in the cost of mods that affect weapons, allowing for more versatility in building loadouts.
- Authorized Mods: Arc: Significantly discounts the armor energy costs of all Arc weapon-related armor mods.
- Authorized Mods: Void: Grants the same effect for Void weapons.
- Authorized Mods: Strand: Grants the same effect for Strand weapons.
- Authorized Mods: Melee: “Significantly” reduces the cost of mods that affect melee.
- Technicolor Siphon: Combines the effects of Strand Siphon and Arc Siphon into a single mod.
Third-column Artifact Mods
These mods offer general-use benefits for specific weapons, subclasses, and origin traits.
- Improved Unraveling: Increases the amount of damage dealt by unraveling a target.
- Deeper Origins: Greatly enhances the effects of origin traits such as Unsated Hunger, Nanotech Tracer Rockets (Neomuna), Harmonic Resonance (Root of Nightmares), and Noble Deeds (Season of Defiance).
- Unto the Breach: Defeating a Void-debuffed enemy while equipped with a Void subclass creates a Void Breach.
- Electric Armor: Allows you to stay amplified for a longer duration while your Arc subclass is equipped.
- Thunderous Retort: Grants bonus Arc Super damage if cast while critically wounded or while amplified, lasting until the end of the Super activation.
Fourth-column Artifact Mods
These mods offer even greater benefits than the third column and provide additional effects to certain subclasses.
- Strand Soldier: With a Strand subclass equipped, gaining Woven Mail also grants Unraveling Rounds to your Strand weapons.
- Overcharged Armory: Weapons with traits such as Unsated Hunger, Nanotech Tracer Rockets (Neomuna), Harmonic Resonance (Root of Nightmares), and Noble Deeds (Season of Defiance) are always overcharged when this modifier is active.
- Protective Breach: Picking up a Void Breach grants you an overshield or refreshes your existing overshield.
- Counter Charge: Stun a Champion to receive one stack of Armor Charge.
- Amped Up: Being Amplified grants you damage resistance.
Fifth-column Artifact Mods
The mods in this column focus on providing exceptional benefits for Strand, Arc, and Void subclasses, as well as interactions between the three.
- Conductive Cosmic Needle: Targets affected by Strand debuffs suffer increased damage from Arc and Void abilities.
- Shock and Awe: Arc final blows while you are amplified summon a burst of lightning that damages and jolts targets.
- Supernova: Picking up a Void Breach causes your next source of Void damage to create a large weakening pulse.
- Squad Goals: Performing a finisher while equipped with Devour, Amplified, or Woven Mail and a matching subclass grants bonus effects to nearby allies.
- Void: Devour
- Arc: Amplified
- Strand: Woven Mail
- Lightning Strikes Twice: After throwing an Arc grenade, gain increased grenade recharge for a short time. Arc final blows extend the duration of this benefit.
Stay updated with the latest in Destiny 2, including the weekly reset, Nightfall challenges, weekly raids, and more here.